The Spry Farm is a family hobby farm owned and enjoyed by Tyler & Leanne Spry and our two sons, Henry and Waylon. We are located in Devlin Ontario, just 10 miles west of Fort Frances.
After building, in the country in 2015, we decided to buy and raise a few chickens… they’re the gateway drug to hobby farming, people! You have been warned! We started out with 4 silkie chicks, and have since added:
- miniature horses
- pygmy goats
- potbelly x kune kune pigs
- miniature donkeys
- a guinea pig
- a third dog
- a cat
- many more chickens
We keep animals primarily for our own enjoyment, but we also host farm visits & offer petting zoo services.
A little about Leanne
- Leanne has loved animals all her life.
- In fourth grade her family moved to Devlin, after her parents bought her grandfather’s 76 acre farm (The Spry Farm is 5 acres of that original family farm).
- She grew up with horses all her life, starting out trail riding and competing in gymkhana events, and then making the transition to breed shows, showing performance quarter horses on the AQHA circuits.
- She graduated from The College of St. Scholastica, in Duluth MN, with a Bachelor’s degree in Advertising & Public Relations.
- Leanne currently works as the Marketing Manager, for La Place Rendez-Vous, in Fort Frances.
- Her favourite animal is a dog (even though everyone thinks it’s a horse)
A little about Tyler
- Tyler grew up in International Falls MN, enjoying typical Minnesota activities like fishing on Rainy Lake and deer hunting at “The Shack” in Littlefork, MN.
- He is VERY handy and loves building projects. Quite literally anything, on our property has been built solely/partially by Tyler.
- He graduated Iowa State University in 2009 with a degree in Industrial Technologies
- Tyler currently works in Power & Recovery, for PCA (formerly Boise), in International Falls, MN.
- His favourite animal is also a dog.
A little about Henry
- Henry is 5 years old
- Henry insists that he is a bull rider
- He enjoys riding on the wheelies (4-wheelers/quads) or his Gator, collecting eggs, going to the park, and playing in the sandbox
- His favourite animal is a bull (even though we have no cattle of our own)
A little about Waylon
- Waylon is 3 years old
- Waylon is the definition of a “Busy boy”, always getting into everything
- He loves to ride on the wheelies (4-wheelers/quads), play in mud puddles, and climb on whatever he can
- His favourite animal is a goat